Wednesday, August 13, 2008

doin' the bus bump

It's not often that you have as stronger conviction as I have about my call to be a rapper.
Ok, so I may not look exactly how the "stereotypical" rapper looks. But who wants stereotypes? I know I bring fresh, exciting, new, dynamic lyrics and style to the world of rap, and that's much better than just looking a certain way. And also I think that when a passion burns inside you, the way I have a rapping fire burning inside me, I think that's when you just have to go for your dream!
I want to share with you some lyrics I have been working on. I get a lot of my inspiration from things around me (like a lot of great artists). For example, I wrote a very moving rap just last week about the price of fruit and veges at the market, because I had just seen that everything was looking a little more expensive, and as a rapper, I felt it was my responsibility to make a social comment. That's what rappers do. So here is my latest thing. It just came to me, that's right, you guessed it, on the bus. For those of you who don't know anything about Korea ( like me, before I came here to get discovered as a rapper), this is really what the bus is like. It's not made-up. I try to be as authentic as possible in my work. (Oh, and before you start reading the lyrics, it's probably better if you get yourself into my vibe. Feel that funky smooth beat and then start reading. If you don't feel the beat, you are probably not ready to read. Just a warning.)

get on the bus, and you're
bum bumping, bus bumping
hip rubbing, rump shaking

driver hits the gas, and you're
arm sliding, knee whacking
toe stubbing, face planting

slam on the brakes, and you're
hand grabbing, shoulder barging
feet stomping, balance righting

take off again, and you're
bum bumping, bus bumping

that's right
bum bumping, bus bumping

I said
bum bumping, bus bumping

uh huh
bum bumping, bus bumping

say it again
Ladies: bum bumping(for the ladies in the house)
Fellas: bus bumping (for the fellas who left the house and went outside)

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaah (this part has to be said really mellow and cool, oh, and slowly...that's why I wrote it like that)

You might just hear this coming atcha when I get discovered (which I am guessing is not long off now).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your rap popped into my head when I was on the bus and I started to giggle to myself while singing the chorus.

lollybat said...

It's just a matter of teaching it to the people around you - getting the driver involved too - then we can begin to realize the dream for all Seoul buses to be filled with rapping beats, our combined lyrical voices coming together as one as we affectionately bump butts with that guy on the right and the groovy grandmother on the left. This will be when we truly can say, we are "doin' the bus bump".