Wednesday, August 13, 2008

MY* intro: Name says it all

Some of you intimately familiar with the Korean blogosphere will undoubtedly figure out who I am in "real life," but I 've decided it's safer to post here using this rather bland and obvious pseudonym.

Like it says, I am an "American woman." Also the wife of a U.S. businessman in Seoul, mother of a young daughter, and ambivalent student of Korean culture and language.

Vital stats:

Likes: hot steam baths; icy 물냉면, 신속배달, and 감 우성.
Dislikes: Getting poked in the butt by impatient ajummas in the checkout line at Homever; my husband's late "customer drinking nights;" the smell of soju in the morning.
Greatest shame: The dust on my floors.

*That's an acronym. I'm not yelling.

1 comment:

lollybat said...

YESSSSS! I knew it!! I knew there were other people out there with dust on their floor! Some days as I sit surveying my domestic haven of charming corners and alluring surfaces I have been known to nudge a wee dust family - a corner lurking dust family (just a couple of cousins, an auntie or two, three younger brother an older sister and the old dusty grandmother) with one brave toe and I have thought how alone I felt. How I was the only one. The only one who try as I may to get organised and clean up a little more regularly, I just can not. You have shown me that there are others out there too. Thank you.